SONE, Supporters of Nuclear Energy has written a review of Wade Allison's book, "Nuclear Is For Life."The activity level 2,000 million years ago was more than twice what it is today. Homo sapiens appeared a mere 100,000 and 200,000 years ago and have always lived within a radioactive environment. Safety regulations based on As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) are not fit for purpose and are dangerous to the economy, the environment and to life and limb. A justifiable safety threshold should be set as high as to do no harm or As High As Relatively Safe (AHARS) rather than ALARA.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA