Sidney Bernsen, Ph.D., Former Chief Nuclear Engineer for Bechtel Power Corporation: I read the presentation Ted Rockwell gave at the 33 Annual WNA Conference in London and commend him for a clear and rational argument for promoting Nuclear Power as the preeminent solution to our energy future - not CO2 sequestration, not Solar, not windmills. However, as has been the case time and time again we keep finding ways to shoot ourselves in the foot whenever great opportunities emerge. There clearly is a high risk that the unreasonably high projected costs of current nuclear power plant designs could prevent them from obtaining the financing needed to license and build them. While most successful industries continue to provide products at continually reduced cost or products with significantly more useful features at similar costs, the nuclear power industry is moving in reverse.
Latest from John Shanahan
- The New Slave Industry (Ray DiLorenzo) USofA
- Summary of atmospheric CO2 sources and sinks (Don Bogard, TRCS) USofA
- Nuclear Power Under Attack Again - From Ballot Box (James Conca) USofA
- Der Klimawandel fuehrt zu Konflikten (Katharina Bochsler) Switzerland German Deutsch
- Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA Newsletter 2018 3 (John Shanahn) USofA