Sidney Bernsen, Ph.D., Former Chief Nuclear Engineer for Bechtel Power Corporation: I read the presentation Ted Rockwell gave at the 33 Annual WNA Conference in London and commend him for a clear and rational argument for promoting Nuclear Power as the preeminent solution to our energy future - not CO2 sequestration, not Solar, not windmills. However, as has been the case time and time again we keep finding ways to shoot ourselves in the foot whenever great opportunities emerge. There clearly is a high risk that the unreasonably high projected costs of current nuclear power plant designs could prevent them from obtaining the financing needed to license and build them. While most successful industries continue to provide products at continually reduced cost or products with significantly more useful features at similar costs, the nuclear power industry is moving in reverse.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Video on the value of nuclear medicine by SNMMI
- Short video explaining nuclear medicine
- EANM Coronary heart disease functional imaging (European Association of Nuclear Medicine)
- EANM prostate cancer (European Association of Nuclear Medicine)
- EANM Alzheimer's disease pinpointing destructive tangles (European Association of Nuclear Medicine)