Rosatom saw the value of its long-term portfolio of foreign orders "continue to grow" last year - by 20.9% to $133.4 billion. In a statement to accompany publication of its annual report for 2016, the Russian state nuclear corporation said this meant it had retained its "world-leading position" in terms of contracts to build nuclear units for overseas customers - 34 reactors in 12 countries at the end of last year. Russia, China, and South Korea are actively planning new nuclear business, domestic and foreign (Russia and South Korea). They are planning significant increased nuclear services and construction capabilities. The major suppliers in the United States and France have been struggling with new construction. And many countries are planning the construction of even far more coal fired plants.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Unstoppable change, stasis, and climatism (Charles Battig) USofA
- Don Bogard, isotopic and nuclear geochemistry for NASA Apollo Moon Program USofA
- VA (Virginia) trees make UK power (Brendan Montague, Don Bogard) UK USofA
- Extraordinary popular delusions - Madness of crowds (Wikipedia) World
- Human carbon dioxide and reservoir mixing (Don Bogard, TRCS) USofA