José Maldifassi Pohlhammer, Ph.D., máster en Ingenieria Nuclear del Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), profesor de la Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez en Viña del Mar, Chile: If one looks at the last three decades of nuclear power reactors, the issue of overall plant standardization appears as one of the advantages shown by CANDU and French reactors. Recently South Korea has developed, in association with Combustion Engineering, the standardized third generation APR 1400, of which four identical units have been sold to UAE, and other three identical units are being built and one is operational in their own country. The second issue has to do with fuel reprocessing. A government-directed and controlled industrial policy should be established to reprocess stored radioactive fuel-waste, and to start employing mixed oxides in all power plants.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Medical isotopes (M. Alex Brown) USofA
- Wind and solar energy in Germany (P Gosselin, H W Sinn) Germany
- Albert Einstein quotes Switzerland USofA
- Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA Newsletter, 2018 1 (John Shanahan) USofA
- Greenpeace sucht vergeblich nach dem Klimawandel (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany German Deutsch