Matt Ridley is the author of The Rational Optimist and a Member of the British House of Lords: The Global Wind Energy Council recently released its latest report, excitedly boasting that ‘the proliferation of wind energy into the global power market continues at a furious pace, after it was revealed that more than 54 gigawatts of clean renewable wind power was installed across the global market last year.’ Its contribution is still, after decades — nay centuries — of development, trivial to the point of irrelevance. Even after 30 years of huge subsidies, wind power provides only slightly more than zero energy to the world.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Nuclear energy and its peaceful usage (Cem Toker) Turkish Turkey
- Russia proposes new closed fuel cycle (World Nuclear News)
- The evils of climate enthusiasm (Howard Brady) Australia
- Is earth's climate history largely a fraud (POWERLINE, John Hinderacker)
- Merkel's green energy fuels demand for coal (Bloomberg, B. Parkin, Weixin Zha)