Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Professor of Physics, author of The Energy Advocate: Most Americans, 80%, live in urban areas. Most urban areas are not windy. Only Chicago has the name, windy city. Most windy areas are far from cities along wilderness ridge lines, barren plains, out in the ocean. Most of the best wind sites have extreme weather that can regularly damage wind farms. The power from a wind turbine is highly non-linear with wind speed. Wind direction varies. A wind rose graph shows the variability of direction and speed. Compared to fossil fuels and nuclear power, wind energy is not at all practical.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Medical isotopes (M. Alex Brown) USofA
- Wind and solar energy in Germany (P Gosselin, H W Sinn) Germany
- Albert Einstein quotes Switzerland USofA
- Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA Newsletter, 2018 1 (John Shanahan) USofA
- Greenpeace sucht vergeblich nach dem Klimawandel (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany German Deutsch