Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Professor of Physics, author of The Energy Advocate: Most Americans, 80%, live in urban areas. Most urban areas are not windy. Only Chicago has the name, windy city. Most windy areas are far from cities along wilderness ridge lines, barren plains, out in the ocean. Most of the best wind sites have extreme weather that can regularly damage wind farms. The power from a wind turbine is highly non-linear with wind speed. Wind direction varies. A wind rose graph shows the variability of direction and speed. Compared to fossil fuels and nuclear power, wind energy is not at all practical.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Uber-organic campaign enshrines primitive agriculture (Paul Driessen, David Wojick) US0fA
- Update July, 2018 - Nuclear Power in Switzerland (World Nuclear Association) UK
- Update July, 2018 - Plans For New Reactors Worldwide (World Nuclear Association) UK
- June 26, 2018, Arctic Ocean almost totally ice-covered (Terry Donze) USofA
- Russia, China Use Nuclear Reactors To Win Influence (Madison Freeman) USofA Turkey