Thomas Cochran has been working with the Natural Resources Defense Council since the 1970s to impede the use of nuclear power, particularly the kind that uses most of the potential energy and produces the lease amount of radioactive waste: The closed fast-reactor fuel cycle for transmutation of waste is: uneconomic, unreliable, unsafeguardable, unsafe, unworkable. If this is not bad enough, several costly reprocessing plants would need to be built for each geologic repository avoided and there is no evidence that the releases from the closed fuel cycle will have fewer health impacts than from geologic repositories.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radioactive waste stranded as U.S. shifts from nuclear (Jeff Johnson) USofA
- The case for advanced nuclear reactors (Lisa Murkowski, Washington Examiner) USofA
- Extremwerte Das Klima unter Generalverdacht (ZAMG, Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Austria German Deutsch
- Inconvenient Truths About Renewables (Clinton Crackel) USofA
- Acorn Creek Trail, Summit County, Colorado (John Shanahan) USofA