Thomas Cochran has been working with the Natural Resources Defense Council since the 1970s to impede the use of nuclear power, particularly the kind that uses most of the potential energy and produces the lease amount of radioactive waste: In his 1977 testimony to Congress, he makes several assertions against advanced nuclear power: 1) The risks of making massive investments in a plutonium-based energy technology, 2) The misplaced energy priorities characterized by an excessive emphasis on commercialization of the LMFBR technology, neglect of energy conservation potential and under funding of alternative non-nuclear supply technologies.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Meditations on self discipline and failure (William Ferraiolo) USofA
- Introduction to Facebook page: WORLD RESOURCES - ENERGY AND POPULTATION - world
- Peace prize for Halabja mayor (Khder Kareem) Kurdistan
- Hansen stands by coal train death train analogy (Joe Romm)
- Atoms for Africa (James Conca, Forbes, Jessica Lovering, The Breakthrough Institute) Africa USofA