Scott Montgomery, Lecturer, University of Washington: Yet if the roughly $3.5 trillion invested in renewable power since 2000 had all backed fission, I believe the advances in that technology would have led all remaining coal- and oil-fired power plants to have disappeared from the face of the Earth by now. And if that same money had instead backed fusion, perhaps a working reactor would now exist.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Global Living Conditions (Max Roser) UK
- If Renewables are so great (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- The Real Climate-Change Deniers (Vijay Jararaj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Green New Deal (ers) want 100 trillion dollars in 10 years (David Wojick, CFACT) USofA
- Green New Deal Fact Sheet (A Ocasio-Cortez, E Markey) USofA