Brian Wang: China already generates 60% more electricity than the USA in 2018. China plans to double this by 2030. China wants to increase from 3-4% nuclear power for electricity to 10%. This will mean 300 GW of electricity in 2030. This would be about triple the US generation of nuclear electricity. Starting in 2010, China is now working on two very different thorium based molten salt reactor programs. One is based on liquid fuel, the other on molten salt cooled solid fuel. Both are designed for specific application areas.
Latest from John Shanahan
- 26 Years of Growth: Shanghai Then and Now
- Strange Agreements and Stranger Taxes: The UN Climate Drama (Vijay Jayaraj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Donald Trump's relations with Heads of State for France, United Kingdom, Germany, China, and Russia (Luke Baker, Reuters) USofA
- Climate change witch hunts from 1500s to now (Calvin Beisner, Gregory Wrightstone) USofA
- 7 Dead Wrong Environmental Predictions From Earth Day 1970 (Andrew Follett) USofA