John Shanahan, Civil Engineer, initiated a letter to John Holdren, Director of Office of Science and Technology Policy, The White House, dated Feb. 1, 2010. The letter made three recommendations. See his reply. Search keywords "Holdren reply".
1) We believe it’s imperative to accelerate the licensing and building of the kind of reactors now in use, commonly called thermal reactors.
2) Along with the critical need for nuclear energy is the urgent call for the isotopes of nuclear medicine.
3) Development of fourth-generation nuclear reactors will be needed if nuclear power is to expand significantly beyond its present market penetration
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA