Tom Hartsfield - As the supply of fissile uranium dwindled in natural nuclear reactors in Africa, the regulated fission gradually died down and the sites cooled off. The waste products of that reaction were sealed into the ground. The leftover uranium is actually not very useful for building nuclear weapons. This natural design is at once fundamentally similar to our own reactor designs and totally different in its precise details. But its philosophical importance is very clear. We needn't fear that we are doing the unnatural by harnessing nuclear fission to produce power. Nature itself has run nuclear reactors for a thousand times longer than we have even known the secrets of their power.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Uber-organic campaign enshrines primitive agriculture (Paul Driessen, David Wojick) US0fA
- Update July, 2018 - Nuclear Power in Switzerland (World Nuclear Association) UK
- Update July, 2018 - Plans For New Reactors Worldwide (World Nuclear Association) UK
- June 26, 2018, Arctic Ocean almost totally ice-covered (Terry Donze) USofA
- Russia, China Use Nuclear Reactors To Win Influence (Madison Freeman) USofA Turkey