Sidney Bernsen - Nuclear Engineer, Former Chief Nuclear Engineer for Bechtel Power Corporation Nuclear Power Plants are currently too costly in the US to justify their construction as replacement for those that are being shut down, let alone to increase their contribution to clean energy. In fact we are likely to see a very significant reduction in their contribution electric energy production unless we can reduce their construction and operating costs. Many of these high costs are regulatory driven. It does appear that this effort will require the establishment of an Industry/NRC team of personnel dedicated to help make possible a realistic future for Nuclear power. The industry team should include NSSS suppliers, interested utilities and interested engineering and construction companies.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Don Bogard, isotopic and nuclear geochemistry for NASA Apollo Moon Program USofA
- VA (Virginia) trees make UK power (Brendan Montague, Don Bogard) UK USofA
- Extraordinary popular delusions - Madness of crowds (Wikipedia) World
- Human carbon dioxide and reservoir mixing (Don Bogard, TRCS) USofA
- The New Slave Industry (Ray DiLorenzo) USofA