Sidney Bernsen - Nuclear Engineer, Former Chief Nuclear Engineer for Bechtel Power Corporation Nuclear Power Plants are currently too costly in the US to justify their construction as replacement for those that are being shut down, let alone to increase their contribution to clean energy. In fact we are likely to see a very significant reduction in their contribution electric energy production unless we can reduce their construction and operating costs. Many of these high costs are regulatory driven. It does appear that this effort will require the establishment of an Industry/NRC team of personnel dedicated to help make possible a realistic future for Nuclear power. The industry team should include NSSS suppliers, interested utilities and interested engineering and construction companies.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Ancient Indus civilization adaptation to climate change (Cameron Petrie lead author) UK
- Sea level rise ten cities (Dennis Hedke) USofA
- Brexit et nucléaire (Michel Guy et Gerard Petit) France French
- Tchernobyl autopsie des mensonges (Michel Gay) France French
- Fukushima et santé (Michel Gay) France French Français