Sean Hackbarth, Senior Editor, Digital content, U.S. Chamber of Commerce: More than 2,300 coal fired power plants are planned or under construction worldwide. There is and will continue to be increasing world demand for electricity. A chart in this article shows from 1980 to 2012, world electricity production from coal increased by 192%. Forty percent of electricity is generated from coal. In India, with its middle class expected to grow to 200 million by 2020, Robert Bryce at the Manhattan Institute points out, “India’s coal use is expected to more than double by 2035."
Latest from John Shanahan
- Global Living Conditions (Max Roser) UK
- If Renewables are so great (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- The Real Climate-Change Deniers (Vijay Jararaj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Green New Deal (ers) want 100 trillion dollars in 10 years (David Wojick, CFACT) USofA
- Green New Deal Fact Sheet (A Ocasio-Cortez, E Markey) USofA