Sean Hackbarth, Senior Editor, Digital content, U.S. Chamber of Commerce: More than 2,300 coal fired power plants are planned or under construction worldwide. There is and will continue to be increasing world demand for electricity. A chart in this article shows from 1980 to 2012, world electricity production from coal increased by 192%. Forty percent of electricity is generated from coal. In India, with its middle class expected to grow to 200 million by 2020, Robert Bryce at the Manhattan Institute points out, “India’s coal use is expected to more than double by 2035."
Latest from John Shanahan
- Uber-organic campaign enshrines primitive agriculture (Paul Driessen, David Wojick) US0fA
- Update July, 2018 - Nuclear Power in Switzerland (World Nuclear Association) UK
- Update July, 2018 - Plans For New Reactors Worldwide (World Nuclear Association) UK
- June 26, 2018, Arctic Ocean almost totally ice-covered (Terry Donze) USofA
- Russia, China Use Nuclear Reactors To Win Influence (Madison Freeman) USofA Turkey