Anthony Watts, publisher of wattsupwiththat.com Watts Up With That? The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change: The entire rationale for wind turbines is to stop global warming by reducing the amount of CO2 being returned to the atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels. In the picture recently taken in Sweden, freezing cold weather has caused the rotor blades of a wind turbine to ice up bringing the blades to a complete stop. To fix the “problem” a helicopter is employed (burning aviation fuel) to spray hot water (which is heated in the frigid temperatures using a truck equipped with a 260 kW oil burner) on the blades of the turbine to de-ice them.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Fair Trade for thee but not for me (Paul Driessen, CFACT)
- Die Welt vor der Dekarbonisierung retten (Uli Weber) German Deutsch
- Wohin fuehrt uns der aktuelle Zeitgeist? (Uli Weber) German Deutsch
- Does the U.S. nuclear industry have a future? (Mark Hibbs, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace)
- Foodgrain output up 5 fold in 60 years (Chaitanya Mallapur, IndiaSpend)