Alexander DeVolpi, Ph.D. Physicist: Attending graduate school under the GI Bill, I became a PhD physicist, entering the esoteric domains of nuclear reactors and weapons — and later arms control and treaty verification. With pockets of famine, civil injustice, wars of liberation, suicidal ideologies, natural disasters, other global instabilities — who needs a return to Cold War brinkmanship? Decisionmakers, be cautious! Maybe these recollections will demonstrate how difficult it was to contain the nuclear-arms race as it grew more alarming, more expensive, and more consequential.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate change in the Baltic region in the last 1000 years (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany
- Survey about fossil fuels, man-made climate change, nuclear (John Shanahan, John Droz) USofA
- Retired Adm. William McRaven asks Trump to revoke his security clearance (Grace Segers, CBS News) USofA
- China building nuclear power house (Axios, Zachary Basu) USofA
- Russia and China building nuclear power plant alliances (Nikkei Asian Review, Tomoyo Ogawa) Japan