Clive Hambler, zoologist, specialty species extinction, lecturer in biological and human sciences, Oxford University: Species extinction is a serious issue: around the world we’re losing up to 40 a day. Yet environmentalists are urging us to adopt technologies that are hastening this process. Among the most destructive of these is wind power. Every year in Spain alone — according to research by the conservation group SEO/Birdlife — between 6 and 18 million birds and bats are killed by wind farms.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Energy Security and Sovereignty (Rob Jeffrey) South Africa
- Need to wear old clothes, forgo heat, air conditioning, travel (CBS) world
- Global Warming for the Two Cultures (Richard Lindzen, GWPF) USofA UK
- Is a Little Radiation Good For You? (Mohan Doss, Discover Magazine, Nathaniel Scharping) USofA
- The incredible growth of the middle class (Homri Kharas, Free Market Foundation, James Peron, Leon Louw) South Africa, USofA world