John Droz is the publisher of "Energy and Environmental Newsletter." A hundred-plus years ago, wind energy was recognized as an antiquated, unreliable and expensive source of energy – and now, after hundreds of billions of wasted tax and consumer dollars, we find that (surprise!) it still is an antiquated, unreliable and expensive source of energy. This is what happens when science is relegated to a back-of-the-bus status. When a major turbine manufacturer calls a catastrophic failure like a blade falling off "component liberation", we know we are in for an adventurous ride in a theme park divorced from reality.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Rejecting carbon colonialism (Paul Driessen, David Wojick, CFACT) USofA
- Move Beyond the Linear No-Threshold Theory for Low-Dose Radiation (J Cardarelli II, B Ulsh) USofA
- Man-made contributions to global warming (Ed Berry) USofA
- Wind Energy in Germany (Edgar Ocampo Tellez) Mexico
- Climate and Global Warming Issues and Uncertaines (Don Bogard) USofA