Joseph Trevithick, Defense Writer: Energy is the world's only real currency. Everything else is simply paper, metal or "bitcoins." Russia and China understand the need for consistent long term energy planning. The United States vacillates between a half century of yielding to demands of extreme environmentalist organizations such as the Natural Resources Defense Council and changing to whatever energy source is reported to be cheapest at the moment. All energy sources need to be well managed for safety and to protect the environment. Energy and energy delivery systems shouldn't be run based on rules of the jungle. The Kremlin will use Akademik Lomonosov to power entire towns in the Far North. If this type of floating nuclear power plant proves successful, it could export it to nations with significant populations situated along coastal areas.
Latest from John Shanahan
- What's next for US climate policies (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA South Africa
- Politicians trying to stop use of fossil fuels (Thorpe Watson) Canada
- 26 Years of Growth: Shanghai Then and Now
- Strange Agreements and Stranger Taxes: The UN Climate Drama (Vijay Jayaraj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Donald Trump's relations with Heads of State for France, United Kingdom, Germany, China, and Russia (Luke Baker, Reuters) USofA