Joseph Trevithick, Defense Writer: Energy is the world's only real currency. Everything else is simply paper, metal or "bitcoins." Russia and China understand the need for consistent long term energy planning. The United States vacillates between a half century of yielding to demands of extreme environmentalist organizations such as the Natural Resources Defense Council and changing to whatever energy source is reported to be cheapest at the moment. All energy sources need to be well managed for safety and to protect the environment. Energy and energy delivery systems shouldn't be run based on rules of the jungle. The Kremlin will use Akademik Lomonosov to power entire towns in the Far North. If this type of floating nuclear power plant proves successful, it could export it to nations with significant populations situated along coastal areas.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Why Christianity Is the World’s Most Eco-friendly Philosophy (Vijay Jayaraj) India
- Radioactive waste stranded as U.S. shifts from nuclear (Jeff Johnson) USofA
- The case for advanced nuclear reactors (Lisa Murkowski, Washington Examiner) USofA
- Extremwerte Das Klima unter Generalverdacht (ZAMG, Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Austria German Deutsch
- Inconvenient Truths About Renewables (Clinton Crackel) USofA