Clinton Crackel, Co-Founder, Nuclear Fuels Reprocessing Coalition: The Fischer-Tropsch (F-T) coal to liquid (CTL) synthetic fuel process is a viable alternative to refined crude oil. Even though burning fossil fuels releases pollutants to the environment, there have been dramatic improvements in technologies that can significantly restrict the release of pollutants to the environment. It is recommended to use small modular nuclear reactors (SMRs) for providing the heat needed in the F-T CTL synthetic fuel process. Converting coal to liquid synthetic fuel is better for the environment than burning it directly and eliminates refining imported crude oil in vulnerable hurricane prone coastal areas. Energy is the world's only true currency. Other currencies are just paper, metal coins or electronic "bitcoins." We shouldn't waste energy, import it unnecessarily or "leave it in the ground."
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radiobiology and radiation hormesis (Charles Sanders) USofA
- Yellow jackets, unjustified taxation, fossil fuels (Paul Driessen) USofA France
- Decoding the United Nations agenda, lies, naivety, and ineptitude (Eric Jelinski) Canada
- Is Fighting Climate Change Really Fighting Pollution (Calvin Beisner, Cornwall Alliance) USofA
- Belief in socialism (Andrew Kenny, Free Market Foundation) South Africa