Dennis Normile, writer for www.sciencemag.org, website for AAAS, American association for the Advancement of Science: Most of the world is turning its back on burning coal to produce electricity, but not Japan. The nation has fired up at least eight new coal power plants in the past 2 years and has plans for an additional 36 over the next decade—the biggest planned coal power expansion in any developed nation (not including China and India).
Latest from John Shanahan
- Venezuela oil shock and economc catastrophe (Virginia Lopez, AL JAZEERA)
- Recent Temperature and CO2 Disconnect (Thomas Wysmuller) USofA
- Scientists and engineers working for a better world (John Shanahan, Wade Allison) USofA UK
- Wind and solar details without subsidies (John Shanahan) USofA
- Von den klimazielen verabschieden (Daniel Wetzel, Die Welt) Germany German Deutsch