Wind and solar details without subsidies (John Shanahan) USofA
18.May.2018 John Shanahan
John Shanahan, President of Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA: This is a summary of articles about wind and solar technologies without discussion of subsidies posted on this website. It includes comparisons with fossil fuels and nuclear.
Most places on Earth have priorities for supporting human life, food production, wildlife habitat and a diverse and healty environment. Few locations for wind and solar facilities are near population centers. Fossil fuel and nuclear plants can be located close to population centers. Germany is a place where they have tried to change to wind, solar and natural gas. But they needed additional new coal plants to back up the variable wind and solar. Will Germany get to its goals for their energy change program by 2030 or any time soon there after? Wind and solar are nearly defenseless against terrorism and acts of war. If Germany can't make the change to mostly wind and solar, how many countries can?
Latest from John Shanahan
- SEPP Summary of Richard Lindzen at GWPF on man-made climate change (Ken Haapala) USofA UK
- Energy Security and Sovereignty (Rob Jeffrey) South Africa
- Need to wear old clothes, forgo heat, air conditioning, travel (CBS) world
- Global Warming for the Two Cultures (Richard Lindzen, GWPF) USofA UK
- Is a Little Radiation Good For You? (Mohan Doss, Discover Magazine, Nathaniel Scharping) USofA