Kimberly Pierceall, writer for The Virginian-Pilot: The utility, Dominion Energy, told federal regulators in 2015 that it intended to keep the plant open through at least 2053, and on Tuesday, it officially applied for another 20-year extension with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The utility has said it also plans to seek a 20-year extension for a second nuclear plant, the North Anna Power Station in Louisa County, east of Charlottesville. The plant employs about 915 people who earn an average salary of $90,200.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA