Kimberly Pierceall, writer for The Virginian-Pilot: The utility, Dominion Energy, told federal regulators in 2015 that it intended to keep the plant open through at least 2053, and on Tuesday, it officially applied for another 20-year extension with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The utility has said it also plans to seek a 20-year extension for a second nuclear plant, the North Anna Power Station in Louisa County, east of Charlottesville. The plant employs about 915 people who earn an average salary of $90,200.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Solar panels pollute a lot more than nuclear (Andrew Follett) USofA
- Summary of Earth's climate change, mankind's contribution and renewables (Steve Goreham) USofA
- Global Living Conditions (Max Roser) UK
- If Renewables are so great (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- The Real Climate-Change Deniers (Vijay Jararaj, Cornwall Alliance) India