Stratek Technology Leadership Programme, G C T Mathibe, John Shanahan: The Stratek Technology Programme is dedicated to training young engineers for key management careers. G C T Mathibe's thesis addresses the issue of sound infrastructure management. Only in a few countries, notably France and Switzerland has infrastructure management been done exceedingly well, consistently for a long time. This is essential. Otherwise, all the beautiful new cities, transportation systems, etc. of the modern era will break down and won't work well. One problem is that elected politicians in many countries control the budget for infrastructure management. Politicians get many more votes for new bridges and highways than for maintenance of the same. Hence the big problem.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA