Shi Yang - China is making more efforts to develop new energy to ensure the country's energy security and boost economic growth.
China is trying to establish long-term energy security. This by investment in oil and gas fields abroad, and by diversifying its providers.
Nuclear power is viewed by the current Administration as important, perhaps essential, to maintaining that diversity.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA