International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA: This is the May, 2010 review of worldwide production and supply of molybdenum 99, which is extremely important in diagnostic nuclear medicine. In February, 2010 a letter was sent to the Office of Science and Technology Policy, The White House recommending that the United States focus on domestic production of molybdenum 99. The reply was that they were working on it. One member of the team working on it was positive and thought the problem would be solved with the renewed efforts. Scientists who worked on production of radioisotopes in American reactors were not optimistic about the renewed efforts. In 2016, an American medical professional said that he didn't think he would see satisfactory domestic production of this very important isotope in his life time. Thus is the government progress in the USA.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Medical isotopes (M. Alex Brown) USofA
- Wind and solar energy in Germany (P Gosselin, H W Sinn) Germany
- Albert Einstein quotes Switzerland USofA
- Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA Newsletter, 2018 1 (John Shanahan) USofA
- Greenpeace sucht vergeblich nach dem Klimawandel (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany German Deutsch