Henri Bonet, World Council On Isotopes: Many people believe that our work in the nuclear field is not ethical, relaying Greenpeace and other Environmentalist’s accusations. What to respond? Thriving in Radiation: Many ethical issues are related to both protection against radiation and exploitation of radiation as a means for improving quality of human life. Nuclear techniques are used in a significant number of applications outside nuclear energy production. Examples include not only the medical sector, but also agriculture and food processing, modern industry including materials development, environmental protection, space exploration, arts & science, public security… All together, these various sectors economically dwarf that of energy production.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Fair Trade for thee but not for me (Paul Driessen, CFACT)
- Die Welt vor der Dekarbonisierung retten (Uli Weber) German Deutsch
- Wohin fuehrt uns der aktuelle Zeitgeist? (Uli Weber) German Deutsch
- Does the U.S. nuclear industry have a future? (Mark Hibbs, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace)
- Foodgrain output up 5 fold in 60 years (Chaitanya Mallapur, IndiaSpend)