Henri Bonet, Engineer and Nuclear Physicist, World Council On Isotopes: Many people believe that our work in the nuclear field is not ethical, relaying Greenpeace and other Environmentalist’s accusations. What to respond? Thriving in Radiation: Many ethical issues are related to both protection against radiation and exploitation of radiation as a means for improving quality of human life. Nuclear techniques are used in a significant number of applications outside nuclear energy production. Examples include not only the medical sector, but also agriculture and food processing, modern industry including materials development, environmental protection, space exploration, arts & science, public security… All together, these various sectors economically dwarf that of energy production.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Artenschutz als Produktionsziel - Biodiversity must be goal of agriculture production (Fritz Vahrenholt, Deutsche Wildtier Stiftung) Germany German Deutsch
- World distribution of biomass (The Guardian) UK
- Venezuela oil shock and economc catastrophe (Virginia Lopez, AL JAZEERA)
- Recent Temperature and CO2 Disconnect (Thomas Wysmuller) USofA
- Scientists and engineers working for a better world (John Shanahan, Wade Allison) USofA UK