Don Erb was Director of Isotope Production and Distribution at the U.S. Department of Energy and held many other positions in the Atomic Energy Commission and the DOE. He initiated the recommendation in the 2010 letter to the Science Advisor to the White House for the U.S. to take an active role in the domestic production of radioisotopes for nuclear medicine. The government claimed it was working on that, but without fast reactors, domestic isotope production has not progressed sufficiently. The government needs to change its policies toward fast reactors and spent fuel reprocessing. His recommendation however did lead to the efforts for global public education on this topic at Go Nuclear, Inc. and Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA. His pioneering efforts along with many other distinguished scientists and engineers led to the tremendous accomplishments in the field of peaceful use of nuclear energy.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Vert comme le nucléaire ! (Michel Gay) France French Français
- Make sea level rise when it doesn't (Calvin Beisner, Cornwall Alliance) USofA
- Cachez ce nucléaire que je ne saurais voir! (Michel Gay, Gerard Petit) France French Français
- Nucléaire obama a dit (Michel Gay) France French Français
- Roadmap to Nowhere (Mike Conley and Tim Maloney) USofA