U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Glenn Seaborg, Chairman: Nuclear energy is playing a vital role in the life of every man, woman, and child in the United States today, (1960s). In the years ahead it will affect increasingly all the peoples of the earth. It is essential that all Americans gain an understanding of this vital force if they are to discharge thoughtfully their responsibilities as citizens and if they are to realize fully the myriad benefits that nuclear energy offers them. From the 1960s to the 2010s, the United States lost its way with nuclear energy and promoting the many outstanding by-products due to fear mongering by anti-nuclear organizations and a government that let them succeed. Much of the rest of the world is determined to use the tremendous benefits of nuclear energy and radioisotopes for nuclear medicine etc. to the fullest extent possible. Will the United States get back on track for leadership in science to help the world? - John Shanahan, President of Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Global Living Conditions (Max Roser) UK
- If Renewables are so great (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- The Real Climate-Change Deniers (Vijay Jararaj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Green New Deal (ers) want 100 trillion dollars in 10 years (David Wojick, CFACT) USofA
- Green New Deal Fact Sheet (A Ocasio-Cortez, E Markey) USofA