Bobby Scott, scientist emeritus at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM: Findings reported here point out the lack of any solid evidence for cancer induction by low radiation doses (< 100 mGy) such as are received from single or several applications of CT or chest X-rays. Particularly disturbing is the application of the Linear No-Threshold model. The notion that multiple uses of diagnostic imaging, when separated by weeks or months or longer, is cumulative with respect to damage induction, is not supported by the fact that lifetime exposure to ionizing radiation in regions of elevated background radiation does not increase cancer risk. The claims of harm from such exposures are based mainly on seriously flawed epidemiological studies that usually rely on the unscientific and forced LNT default model.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Réponses sur le nucléaire (Michel Gay) France French Français
- Les EnR vont elles tuer le nucléaire (Michel Gay) France French Français
- Sacrifice de Fessenheim (Michel Gay) France French Français
- Humans are destroying the world (Union of Concerned Scientists, William Ripple) USofA
- Paris Climate Agreement - A fairytale's failure (Vijay Jayaraj) India