Bruno Comby, nuclear engineer, Founder-President of Environmentalists for Nuclear - International, in French, Association des Ecologistes Pour le Nucléaire, http://ecolo.org, Ali Shabestani Monfared, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Babol U. of Medical Sciences, Iran: Although the average effective human dose from natural background radiation is about 2.4 mSv per year, the students of the Saeid Nafisi school in Ramsar, Iran receive effective doses of about 250 mSv while studying there for over 5 years. The goal of this project was a retrospective study of the health status of former students of this school and their offspring. This study reveals that there is no health emergency related to these high radiation doses.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Must/can the world abandon fossil fuels and go all nuclear in 3 decades or any time frame like that? (J Goldstein, S Qvist, J Shanahan) USofA
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, B Comby, J Shanahan) South Africa France USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA