Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Physics Professor, University of Connecticut: Cancer is largely a failure of the immune system. Cells of the body are continuously being damaged and repaired, but suppressing the immune system increases the likelihood of cancer. Low doses of radiation evidently stimulate the immune system, with the result that there is a real hormesis effect. Any dose below about 100 mGy (10,000 mrads) can be considered safe. Normally, we would post just excerpts from this publication. Since the LNT article is a major part of this issue, we post the whole newsletter this one time.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate change in the Baltic region in the last 1000 years (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany
- Survey about fossil fuels, man-made climate change, nuclear (John Shanahan, John Droz) USofA
- Retired Adm. William McRaven asks Trump to revoke his security clearance (Grace Segers, CBS News) USofA
- China building nuclear power house (Axios, Zachary Basu) USofA
- Russia and China building nuclear power plant alliances (Nikkei Asian Review, Tomoyo Ogawa) Japan