Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Physics Professor, University of Connecticut: Cancer is largely a failure of the immune system. Cells of the body are continuously being damaged and repaired, but suppressing the immune system increases the likelihood of cancer. Low doses of radiation evidently stimulate the immune system, with the result that there is a real hormesis effect. Any dose below about 100 mGy (10,000 mrads) can be considered safe. Normally, we would post just excerpts from this publication. Since the LNT article is a major part of this issue, we post the whole newsletter this one time.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Must/can the world abandon fossil fuels and go all nuclear in 3 decades or any time frame like that? (J Goldstein, S Qvist, J Shanahan) USofA
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, B Comby, J Shanahan) South Africa France USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA