Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Physics Professor, University of Connecticut: Cancer is largely a failure of the immune system. Cells of the body are continuously being damaged and repaired, but suppressing the immune system increases the likelihood of cancer. Low doses of radiation evidently stimulate the immune system, with the result that there is a real hormesis effect. Any dose below about 100 mGy (10,000 mrads) can be considered safe. Normally, we would post just excerpts from this publication. Since the LNT article is a major part of this issue, we post the whole newsletter this one time.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Unstoppable change, stasis, and climatism (Charles Battig) USofA
- Don Bogard, isotopic and nuclear geochemistry for NASA Apollo Moon Program USofA
- VA (Virginia) trees make UK power (Brendan Montague, Don Bogard) UK USofA
- Extraordinary popular delusions - Madness of crowds (Wikipedia) World
- Human carbon dioxide and reservoir mixing (Don Bogard, TRCS) USofA