Interest is growing to establish an affiliate of Environmentalists for Nuclear Energy in Brazil. Radioisotopes are used in nuclear medicine and many other fields now in Brazil. Brazil has two nuclear reactors generating 3% of its electricity, and a third under construction. Its first commercial nuclear power reactor began operating in 1982. Four more large reactors are proposed to come on line in the 2020s. Source, World Nuclear Association.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radiation from natural and human sources (Theodore Rockwell, Zbigniew Jaworoski)
- Theodore Rockwell biography (National Academy of Engineering)
- Establishing Scientific Bases for Risk-Based Radiation Regulations (S.A.R.I., SARI)
- Few challenges facing the world are more urgent than combating climate change. (President Obama)
- The flight of reason (George Monbiot)
Subscribe to Newsletter