Interest is growing to establish an affiliate of Environmentalists for Nuclear Energy in Argentina. Radioisotopes are used in nuclear medicine and many other fields now in Argentina. Argentina has three nuclear reactors generating about one-tenth of its electricity. Its first commercial nuclear power reactor began operating in 1974. Construction has started on a small locally-designed power reactor prototype, CAREM-25. The next two reactors planned are likely to be built by China National Nuclear Corporation. Source, World Nuclear Association. Bruno Comby, President of EFN - International is working with Federico Bernal at Observatorio de la Energia, Technologia e Infraestructura para el Desarrollo, OETEC to establish EFN-Argentina.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radiation from natural and human sources (Theodore Rockwell, Zbigniew Jaworoski)
- Theodore Rockwell biography (National Academy of Engineering)
- Establishing Scientific Bases for Risk-Based Radiation Regulations (S.A.R.I., SARI)
- Few challenges facing the world are more urgent than combating climate change. (President Obama)
- The flight of reason (George Monbiot)
Subscribe to Newsletter