Interest is growing to establish an affiliate of Environmentalists for Nuclear Energy in Argentina. Radioisotopes are used in nuclear medicine and many other fields now in Argentina. Argentina has three nuclear reactors generating about one-tenth of its electricity. Its first commercial nuclear power reactor began operating in 1974. Construction has started on a small locally-designed power reactor prototype, CAREM-25. The next two reactors planned are likely to be built by China National Nuclear Corporation. Source, World Nuclear Association. Bruno Comby, President of EFN - International is working with Federico Bernal at Observatorio de la Energia, Technologia e Infraestructura para el Desarrollo, OETEC to establish EFN-Argentina.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Video on the value of nuclear medicine by SNMMI
- Short video explaining nuclear medicine
- EANM Coronary heart disease functional imaging (European Association of Nuclear Medicine)
- EANM prostate cancer (European Association of Nuclear Medicine)
- EANM Alzheimer's disease pinpointing destructive tangles (European Association of Nuclear Medicine)
Subscribe to Newsletter