George Monbiot, author, writer for The Guardian: If our airports are full, there’s an immediate solution. Fly less. The Free Ride campaign has proposed a just means of achieving this: curb demand by taxing frequent flyers, but not those who seldom fly. (In case you’re wondering, I limit my flying to once every three years). But reason has taken flight, the moral compass spins, greed and desire soar towards the stratosphere, and our conscience vanishes in the clouds.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Nuclear Africa 2017 Conference Magazine (Kelvin Kemm) South Africa
- How two nuclear projects bankrupted Westinghouse (Reuters, Tom Hals, Emily Flitter)
- Nuclear Energy - Will we miss the boat again? (Sidney Bernsen)
- CO2 from Human Emissions (Ed Berry, Patrick Moore)
- Displacement of fossil fuels by nuclear power in 25 to 34 years (Barry Brook, Staffan Qvist)