Jay Lehr, Ph.D. Science Director at The Heartland Institute: The media has promoted unwarranted fear and unmitigated arrogance as to man's impact on his climate. While temperatures have fluctuated, today's Earth temperature is below the average for the past 5,000 years. 900,000 years of ice core temperature and carbon dioxide content records show that CO2 increases follow rather than lead increases in Earth temperature. This is logical because the oceans are the primary source of CO2, and they hold more CO2 when cool than when warm, so warming causes the oceans to release more CO2.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Russia proposes new closed fuel cycle (World Nuclear News)
- The evils of climate enthusiasm (Howard Brady) Australia
- Is earth's climate history largely a fraud (POWERLINE, John Hinderacker)
- Merkel's green energy fuels demand for coal (Bloomberg, B. Parkin, Weixin Zha)
- Linear No-Threshold and Collective Dose Radiation Safety Guidelines (Howard Cork Hayden)
Subscribe to Newsletter