Bryan Leyland, power systems design, mechanical engineer: What is remarkable is that a retired engineer with access to the Internet has been able to make reasonably accurate predictions of future climate. Yet, to my knowledge, no computer-based climate model nor any mainstream “climate scientist” predicted the 2011 cooling or the timing and magnitude of the 2015/2016 El Niño/La Nina. To me, this is truly remarkable We could be returning to the conditions in the little ice age. This is confirmed by the very weak solar cycle with no sunspots for significant periods. History tells us that cooling causes crop failures, famine, disease and, often, war. We must not forget that the climate changes naturally and we need to be prepared for climate change–be it cooling or warming.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Meditations on self discipline and failure (William Ferraiolo) USofA
- Introduction to Facebook page: WORLD RESOURCES - ENERGY AND POPULTATION - world
- Peace prize for Halabja mayor (Khder Kareem) Kurdistan
- Hansen stands by coal train death train analogy (Joe Romm)
- Atoms for Africa (James Conca, Forbes, Jessica Lovering, The Breakthrough Institute) Africa USofA