Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Physics Professor, University of Connecticut: This is a closing argument by Professor Hayden. The debate took place at Colorado State University - Pueblo on December 2, 2017. The other person in the debate was Professor Scott Denning of CSU - Fort Collins. Use search box with Denning to find his presentation.
Howard Hayden, December 19, 2017: What, then, is the basis for saying CO2 causes warming? More CO2 causes more absorption of IR in the far wings of the spectrum, and pretty high in the atmosphere. That absorbed energy rapidly adds heat to the local air, and is generally not radiated back to the surface. The actual atmospheric processes cannot be ignored, and they are not simple as Scott Denning avers.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate alarmism is still bizarre (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA
- Using science to update LNT (Rod Adams) USofA
- American Museum of Natural History - climate alarmism letter USofA
- American Museum of Natural History - climate alarmism details USofA
- Unsettled science of climate change (Robert Bradley, Roy Spencer) USofA