Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Physics Professor, University of Connecticut: This is a closing argument by Professor Hayden. The debate took place at Colorado State University - Pueblo on December 2, 2017. The other person in the debate was Professor Scott Denning of CSU - Fort Collins. Use search box with Denning to find his presentation.
Howard Hayden, December 19, 2017: What, then, is the basis for saying CO2 causes warming? More CO2 causes more absorption of IR in the far wings of the spectrum, and pretty high in the atmosphere. That absorbed energy rapidly adds heat to the local air, and is generally not radiated back to the surface. The actual atmospheric processes cannot be ignored, and they are not simple as Scott Denning avers.
Latest from John Shanahan
- 26 Years of Growth: Shanghai Then and Now
- Strange Agreements and Stranger Taxes: The UN Climate Drama (Vijay Jayaraj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Donald Trump's relations with Heads of State for France, United Kingdom, Germany, China, and Russia (Luke Baker, Reuters) USofA
- Climate change witch hunts from 1500s to now (Calvin Beisner, Gregory Wrightstone) USofA
- 7 Dead Wrong Environmental Predictions From Earth Day 1970 (Andrew Follett) USofA