Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Physics Professor, University of Connecticut: This is a closing argument by Professor Hayden. The debate took place at Colorado State University - Pueblo on December 2, 2017. The other person in the debate was Professor Scott Denning of CSU - Fort Collins. Use search box with Denning to find his presentation.
Howard Hayden, December 19, 2017: What, then, is the basis for saying CO2 causes warming? More CO2 causes more absorption of IR in the far wings of the spectrum, and pretty high in the atmosphere. That absorbed energy rapidly adds heat to the local air, and is generally not radiated back to the surface. The actual atmospheric processes cannot be ignored, and they are not simple as Scott Denning avers.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Artenschutz als Produktionsziel - Biodiversity must be goal of agriculture production (Fritz Vahrenholt, Deutsche Wildtier Stiftung) Germany German Deutsch
- World distribution of biomass (The Guardian) UK
- Venezuela oil shock and economc catastrophe (Virginia Lopez, AL JAZEERA)
- Recent Temperature and CO2 Disconnect (Thomas Wysmuller) USofA
- Scientists and engineers working for a better world (John Shanahan, Wade Allison) USofA UK