Investor's Business Daily: It has become an article of faith in the U.S. that recycling is a good thing. But evidence is piling up that recycling is a waste of time and money, and a bit of a fraud. The New York Times recently reported that, unknown to most families who spend hours separating garbage into little recycling bins, much of the stuff ends up in a landfill anyway. One big reason: China has essentially shut the door to U.S. recyclables.
Latest from John Shanahan
- What's next for US climate policies (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA South Africa
- Politicians trying to stop use of fossil fuels (Thorpe Watson) Canada
- 26 Years of Growth: Shanghai Then and Now
- Strange Agreements and Stranger Taxes: The UN Climate Drama (Vijay Jayaraj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Donald Trump's relations with Heads of State for France, United Kingdom, Germany, China, and Russia (Luke Baker, Reuters) USofA