Don Bogard, radio-geochemistry, nuclear geochemistry, planetary science: The recent release of part 2 of the US National Climate Assessment report, November 2018, prompted all sorts of press reports and similar activity which predicted future calamity and destruction if the world did not take drastic action now. Two points the report did not make -- 1) the UN-IPCC gives a broad range of possible future temperatures of varying probability and the possibility used for this report is at the improbable high end; and 2) it exaggerated any effects from such an unlikely warming. If these future warming predictions have any reality, an increase in global temperature of 2 degrees Celsius, relative to 19th century temperature, cannot be avoided by any action.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Decoding the United Nations agenda, lies, naivety, and ineptitude (Eric Jelinski) Canada
- Is Fighting Climate Change Really Fighting Pollution (Calvin Beisner, Cornwall Alliance) USofA
- Belief in socialism (Andrew Kenny, Free Market Foundation) South Africa
- Twilight of the Green Follies (Alex Alexiev, American Thinker) USofA
- Governor Jerry Brown signs bill to have California use mostly solar and wind by mid century USofA