James Hansen - "By failing to take action against global warming, the federal government has violated its legal obligation to protect the atmosphere as a resource that belongs to everyone."
"Five of the plaintiffs are teenagers, who have a "profound interest in ensuring our climate remains stable enough to ensure their right to a livable future." Does the "right" of these few teenagers in the First World take preference over the "rights" of billions of children, teenagers and parents in the Second and Third Worlds to plentiful energy from fossil fuels? These teenagers, their parents and grandparents have benefited tremendously from their ample use of fossil fuels for the last century and more. Is the science "settled" and the scientific community certain that continued use of fossil fuels is going to bring life on Earth to its knees? Should nuclear energy be supported by insisting that billions of people forego the use of fossil fuels and resort to cooking and heating fires from brush, twigs and dried dung?
Latest from John Shanahan
- Le nucléaire cœur de la TE (Michel Gay) France French
- The Environment - A True Story (John Robson) Canada
- Why I changed my mind about nuclear power TEXT (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Molecular machines and intelligent design (Michael Behe) USofA
- Our Children's Trust sues America for use of fossil fuels (science base source James Hansen, legal staff) USofA