Adelino de Santi Junior, biologist with Nuclear Industries of Braazil: Discusses alternatives to controlling mosquitoes that transmit the Zika virus. There are three ways: a) producing genetically modified mosquitoes, b) producing sterile male mosquitoes, c) using chemicals to kill mosquitoes and other beneficial insects, etc. The first two ways could solve many mosquito problems eventually. The third way has many environmental side effects.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Solar panels pollute a lot more than nuclear (Andrew Follett) USofA
- Summary of Earth's climate change, mankind's contribution and renewables (Steve Goreham) USofA
- Global Living Conditions (Max Roser) UK
- If Renewables are so great (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- The Real Climate-Change Deniers (Vijay Jararaj, Cornwall Alliance) India