Adelino de Santi Junior, biologist with Nuclear Industries of Braazil: Discusses alternatives to controlling mosquitoes that transmit the Zika virus. There are three ways: a) producing genetically modified mosquitoes, b) producing sterile male mosquitoes, c) using chemicals to kill mosquitoes and other beneficial insects, etc. The first two ways could solve many mosquito problems eventually. The third way has many environmental side effects.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate change in the Baltic region in the last 1000 years (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany
- Survey about fossil fuels, man-made climate change, nuclear (John Shanahan, John Droz) USofA
- Retired Adm. William McRaven asks Trump to revoke his security clearance (Grace Segers, CBS News) USofA
- China building nuclear power house (Axios, Zachary Basu) USofA
- Russia and China building nuclear power plant alliances (Nikkei Asian Review, Tomoyo Ogawa) Japan