Steven Lyazi, student and worker in Kampala, Uganda: Malaria is no longer a killer in western countries – because they used DDT to help eradicate the disease decades ago. If wealthy nations and NGOs really want to help developing nations, they should support fossil fuel power plants for reliable, affordable electricity. They should support DDT as an important part of the solution to eradicate this serial killer, so that Africans can work, spend less on malaria, have more money for other healthcare and family needs, and develop as much as rich nations have.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Fair Trade for thee but not for me (Paul Driessen, CFACT)
- Die Welt vor der Dekarbonisierung retten (Uli Weber) German Deutsch
- Wohin fuehrt uns der aktuelle Zeitgeist? (Uli Weber) German Deutsch
- Does the U.S. nuclear industry have a future? (Mark Hibbs, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace)
- Foodgrain output up 5 fold in 60 years (Chaitanya Mallapur, IndiaSpend)