Paul Driessen, Senior Policy Analyst, Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow: It’s amazing how we are bombarded by accusations that our technologies and living standards offend basic principles of fair trade, human rights, sustainable development and social justice. Except, it seems, when the technologies are electric vehicles, wind turbines, solar cells, cell phones and other gadgets so beloved by progressives and environmentalists. ... Where are the demands for justice, the student protests, sit-ins and boycotts against Nokia, Apple, Vestas and Tesla? Why are Fair Trade and Living Wage activists not speaking out on behalf of rare earth workers in Baotou, Inner Mongolia – or parents and children mining cobalt and lithium under even more horrendous conditions in Congo?
Latest from John Shanahan
- Russia proposes new closed fuel cycle (World Nuclear News)
- The evils of climate enthusiasm (Howard Brady) Australia
- Is earth's climate history largely a fraud (POWERLINE, John Hinderacker)
- Merkel's green energy fuels demand for coal (Bloomberg, B. Parkin, Weixin Zha)
- Linear No-Threshold and Collective Dose Radiation Safety Guidelines (Howard Cork Hayden)
Subscribe to Newsletter