Steven Lyazi, member of Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA Board of Advisors: People in Uganda have been cutting down trees for decades – out of dire need for fuel, lumber and to grow crops. Now no roots hold the hills together when it rains. Some people are ignoring this history and human causes for these “natural” disasters. They blame rains and mudslides on man-made global warming, climate change and fossil fuels that modern industrialized countries burn to provide modern homes, travels and living standards. Former Vice President of the United States Al Gore said man-made global warming has increased the number and strength of tornadoes and hurricanes, He predicted that Arctic summers would be ice-free as soon as 2014. None of this happened. So he just changed the year when the disasters will hit.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radioactive waste stranded as U.S. shifts from nuclear (Jeff Johnson) USofA
- The case for advanced nuclear reactors (Lisa Murkowski, Washington Examiner) USofA
- Extremwerte Das Klima unter Generalverdacht (ZAMG, Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Austria German Deutsch
- Inconvenient Truths About Renewables (Clinton Crackel) USofA
- Acorn Creek Trail, Summit County, Colorado (John Shanahan) USofA