George W. Bush, Former President of the United States of America: We are gathered in the cause of liberty at this unique moment. Great democracies face new and serious threats – yet seem to be losing confidence in their calling and competence. Economic, political and national security challenges proliferate, and they are made worse by the tendency to turn inward. The health of the democratic spirit itself is at issue. And the renewal of that spirit is the urgent task at hand. ... ... How do we begin to encourage a new, 21st century American consensus on behalf of democratic freedom and free markets? That’s the question I posed to scholars at the Bush Institute. Pete Wehner and Tom Melia have answered with their “The Spirit of Liberty: At Home, In The World,” a Call to Action paper.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate change in the Baltic region in the last 1000 years (Sebastian Luening, Kalte Sonne) Germany
- Survey about fossil fuels, man-made climate change, nuclear (John Shanahan, John Droz) USofA
- Retired Adm. William McRaven asks Trump to revoke his security clearance (Grace Segers, CBS News) USofA
- China building nuclear power house (Axios, Zachary Basu) USofA
- Russia and China building nuclear power plant alliances (Nikkei Asian Review, Tomoyo Ogawa) Japan