John Shanahan, President of Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA: As far as we know, Earth is the only place in the universe with the right climate, atmosphere, water, land, plants, animals, birds and creatures in the oceans to sustain life in all its beauty. People think that Paradise is peaceful and harmonious. But frequently humans are at serious odds with each other. There are people in many walks of life working for peace, strong economies and human dignity. That has never been enough. Many parts of the world are under the influence of leaders or whole governments scheming how to put down other peoples and countries. Some countries are under the influence of people who predict that the world is coming to an end. They want to impose their solutions on everyone. This essay highlights a few scientists and engineers working for a better world overall using science not beliefs or ideologies.
Latest from John Shanahan
- SEPP Summary of Richard Lindzen at GWPF on man-made climate change (Ken Haapala) USofA UK
- Energy Security and Sovereignty (Rob Jeffrey) South Africa
- Need to wear old clothes, forgo heat, air conditioning, travel (CBS) world
- Global Warming for the Two Cultures (Richard Lindzen, GWPF) USofA UK
- Is a Little Radiation Good For You? (Mohan Doss, Discover Magazine, Nathaniel Scharping) USofA