Internet stories, Gene Cramer: Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment. The woman apologized to the young girl and explained: Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. We were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Must/can the world abandon fossil fuels and go all nuclear in 3 decades or any time frame like that? (J Goldstein, S Qvist, J Shanahan) USofA
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, B Comby, J Shanahan) South Africa France USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA