Internet stories, Gene Cramer: Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment. The woman apologized to the young girl and explained: Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. We were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA