Ronald Surz, investment advisor: There are two main kinds of currencies - a) paper money printed by the government and b) energy, the only real currency. Energy from fossil fuels and nuclear has made the world a much better place. Paper money comes and goes. It never lasts and when it goes away, there is a lot of pain. Energy, the only real currency, is misused, squandered and very poorly planned also. This article discusses currency, economics and finance in the United States. The discussion applies to other countries as well. What will the world be like when paper currencies and energy no longer function well?
Latest from John Shanahan
- Must/can the world abandon fossil fuels and go all nuclear in 3 decades or any time frame like that? (J Goldstein, S Qvist, J Shanahan) USofA
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, B Comby, J Shanahan) South Africa France USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA