Ronald Surz, investment advisor: There are two main kinds of currencies - a) paper money printed by the government and b) energy, the only real currency. Energy from fossil fuels and nuclear has made the world a much better place. Paper money comes and goes. It never lasts and when it goes away, there is a lot of pain. Energy, the only real currency, is misused, squandered and very poorly planned also. This article discusses currency, economics and finance in the United States. The discussion applies to other countries as well. What will the world be like when paper currencies and energy no longer function well?
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA