John Shanahan, civil engineer, President of Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA: Here are some mountain memories. Reflect on the importance in modern living for getting out in nature. Think of the fossil fuels that are needed to travel to these places, to build the airplanes, boats and 4-wheel drive vehicles, to manufacture the high tech equipment and clothing, and to produce the freeze dried mountain food. Extreme environmentalists claim they need to save the world from catastrophic, out of control, global warming by insisting that everyone stop using fossil fuels. Don't go to the mountains. What kind of a world will it be with only energy from windmills and solar panels manufactured by the energy from other windmills, etc. And lastly, the materials for the windmills would have to be mined by energy from windmills or use wooden windmills. Other extreme environmentalists claim that the whole world can go nuclear in 50 to 100 years. Do you want to bet you life savings on that? The world desperately needs good government and sound energy planning with fossil fuels and nuclear.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Cost of wind, solar, nuclear, coal (Andrew Kenny) South Africa
- The miracle of carbon dioxide and water (John Shanahan) USofA
- Four priorities about unscientific claims of man-made climate change and energy (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Why nuclear is inherently safe (Michael Shellenberger) USofA
- Reality versus Climate Alarmism (John Shanahan) USofA